Justice and Peace is promoting “Prevention of Gender based violence and Femicide.
he theme is, “It begins with us Christians”. We’re giving the church back its voice and through this campaign, the church voice must be Amplified- it must reverberate in all corners of the Archdiocese of Johannesburg and beyond.
We have heard and seen in the past that the message that is communicated during campaigns is that of “Stop- GBV”, “Fight GBV” however more and more incidents of abuse are reported during this time of campaigns and it’s not just incidents of abuse only now, but worse- abuse has escalated to femicide!
Justice and Peace say- let’s change the mindset to that of “Preventing GBV-F”. The language now is that of “Prevention of GBV-F” in our families, churches and the community at large. We can no longer keep quiet- Let’s do something!!
Prevention of GBV-F is an everyday campaign
- We’re saying as Christians- let’s make our churches be the centres of Hope.
- Let us Christians be the point of light wherever we are.
- As Christians- let’s promote Love: Care: Protection of one another.
- As Christians, we have the opportunity and are at the centre of building faith-based strong families.
- Family remains the source of a community, so a strong faith-based family produces a better, caring, compassionate, forgiving, loving, protective and God-fearing community.
- Our guiding scripture id from prophet Micah: 6 vs 8.
- Our motto is: If you want peace- work for Justice.
- Pope Francis says- “many things have to change course, but it is us human beings above all who need to change”.
The poster says it all which we need to do to drive this message of change
With Prayerful wishes.