The Archdiocesan Safeguarding Committee have initiated the following Parish Directives in order to help each parish form their respective Child Safeguarding Team.
- Every Parish is to appoint a Child Safeguarding Team comprising of a minimum of three people. One of these must be a member of the PPC and the other members will serve as a Safeguarding Contact Persons as set out in the Archdiocesan Safeguarding Policy which is on the Website of the Archdiocese. One member of the team shall be designated the head of safeguarding and the team as a whole shall be responsible for coordinating and overseeing the implementation of the Safeguarding Policy and its Protocols. The Contact Persons (Parish contact Poster) are the envisaged frontline to receive complaints or referrals. The Safeguarding Team must be established by the 15 January
- The Archdiocese of Johannesburg Safeguarding Committee (AJSC) will host virtual and in-person training sessions in 2022. The first virtual training session will be held in February 2022. The Head of Safeguarding must send the names, email addresses and mobile numbers of the Parish Safeguarding Team to the AJSE (email@example.com) by no later than the 15 January2022. Participants to the training must indicate which date they wish to attend. Participants must indicate two possible attendance options from the following dates:
- 5th February 2022
- 12th February 2022
- 19th February 2022
- 26th February 2022
- The Head of the Parish Safeguarding Team is to ensure that the AJSC Child Safeguarding Statement Poster (which is been printed-A3 Format – one per parish) is prominently displayed on the parish noticeboard. The respective A3 copy will be placed in the parish pigeonholes at the chancery by mid-January 2022. As you will also receive the poster attached via email, you can print additional copies (A4) and place them in other relevant prominent sites within the parish e.g., hall, catechism/meeting rooms and parish website if
- The head of the Parish Safeguarding Team is to ensure that the AJSC Essential Contact Poster (attached email) completed with the details relevant to the parish and placed in a A4 photo frame and attached to the wall next to the entrance of the church, parish office, priest’s house and in other relevant sites within parish, e.g., hall, catechism/meeting rooms and parish website if
- The Archdiocesan Safeguarding Committee and at the request of his Grace, Archbishop Buti expect the two respective posters to be in place on our parish walls by the 1st February
The Archdiocesan Safeguarding Committee appreciate your commitment to our Child Safeguarding Project.
United in HOPE
The Archdiocesan safeguarding Committee. December 2021